Sunday, June 17, 2012

Everything In My Life Has Led Up To This Moment




In a few days I will be boarding a plane to Paris!  I can’t believe the day is almost here. Getting everything ready for this trip has been a little stressful.  I have never been abroad before and have no clue what to bring or what I’ll need.  Luckily, I have amazing friends that have helped me prepare and have answered all my silly questions.

Anyway, I’ll have a busy day on Tuesday.  I have to pick my classes for Fall Quarter in the morning!  I’m happy that I won’t have to do that in Paris.  Especially with the time difference, it would be hard to plan classes and figure out what time to sign up.  My plane leaves at 3:45pm, but from SFO not Sacramento.  I thought I would have more choices of flights if I left from San Francisco instead of Sacramento.  Unfortunately, this means I will have to drive to San Francisco long before my planes leaves.  However, I think it was well worth the trouble of driving to get a good flight time.

This leads me to when I arrive in Paris.  I really don’t know what I will be like when I land at the airport.  I tend to cry when I get excited and worked up, so I hope the person next to me in the plane doesn’t think I’m some crazy American:) I get in at around 11:10am and will have to take a shuttle to the hotel.  Lots of other students in the program are landing at about the same time, so some of us planned to split a shuttle ride together.  Good thing because a taxi would be crazy expensive and I’m not sure I want to take the Metro by myself on the first day I’m in Paris!  I have to check into my hotel later in the afternoon, so I might have a few hours of down time to explore my new neighborhood.  Our hotel is right next to the Eiffel Tower!  Some of the rooms will have a view of La Tour Eiffel.  Fingers crossed one of those rooms is mine!!

The rest of the trip is a mystery to me.  We were given a syllabus, but those can only tell you so much.  I cannot express how excited I am to experience Paris and make new memories with interesting people (as well as learn a great deal) while I’m there.

I have no idea when I’ll be able to write again, but I’ll make sure it’s soon.  Until then, au revoir mes amis!


This Week’s Soundtrack:

            My boys always know how to express my inner thoughts and feelings.  I’ve got a feeling that this adventure is going to be a good one.

                        Even though the name of the band is a bit crude, this is a really good cover of Cyndi Lauper’s classic song about how girls, like me, just want to have fun.  I’m sure this song will be one of my anthems while in Paris.

            I have to take a plane to get there, don’t I?

            I love me some So Cal old school rap, and Tuesday will be a good day.

            What to say about Uncle Iggy?   

Holiday –Vampire Weekend           
            Vampire Weekend is a really fun band and I completely associate them with the summer and just enjoying life while I’m young.  





No comments:

Post a Comment