Monday, June 4, 2012

Two Weeks To Go...


            In two weeks, I will be on a plane to Paris!  I will be spending four weeks in Paris as part of a travel study program UCLA is offering this summer.  I cannot tell you how excited I am at the idea of studying in the City of Lights!  It’s such a weird feeling to have one of my oldest dreams finally coming true.  I’ve always wanted to visit Europe, and France was at the top of my list.  The strange thing is I couldn’t really tell you why.  There is just something so magical and alluring about the city that makes people flock to it every year and it has had its grip on me since I can remember.  Maybe it’s the history of Paris that is so appealing.  Paris is such an old and historic city that has seen the likes of Napoleon, Van Gogh, Marie Antoinette, and Coco Chanel.  To be in a place that has a long and colorful history sounds like a dream to me.  Not to mention the beloved Parisian culture that has been a part of classic fashion, art, and entertainment for centuries.  It’s amazing to think Paris wouldn’t be at the top of anyone’s travel bucket list! 

When I found out about this program, I jumped at the opportunity.  Honestly, I didn’t think I was going to be able to study abroad while I was at college.  So when I heard of this program that would help me with my history major requirements and was taking place in Paris, I couldn’t wait to sign up.  I am counting down the days until I’m in Paris, and I don’t have that much longer to go.  I just have to get through my final exams...

Anyway, I should probably explain why I’m writing this blog and what exactly it will be about.  As a requirement for one of the classes I will be taking, I can write a blog as an assignment.  I always planned on recording my trip in someway that would also keep my family and friends in the loop about what I was doing and experiencing.  So, why not get credit for something I was already planning to do?  Basically, I just killed two birds with one stone.  Huzzah!  My goal is to write about what I’m doing at least twice a week.  Therefore, I won’t be bombarded with blog stuff but will still be able to keep everyone up to date on what I’m doing.  I also want to include some songs for every entry.  I’m a firm believer in the power of music to express what words can’t always say.  I’m constantly listening to music and love making mixes, etc.  Plus, I think it will be a fun and personal touch to my already awesome blog :) Not to mention, I’m not a very good writer (as I’m sure you could already tell), so hopefully the songs will help me out.

That’s all for now.  I’ll try to write something before I leave on the 19th.  Until then, au revoir mes amis!


This Week's Soundtrack:

Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
                        I’ve included this song entirely based on the title.  I also love the beat and music.

                        It’s been a dream of mine since before I was a teenager to visit Paris.  And considering T. Rex is a huge part of the soundtrack of my life, I had to include it.

                        Freddie is God.  Plus, I listen to this song when ever I need to get jazzed about something or when I’m really excited and need to celebrate.  So, it fits the occasion.

                        My “grab life by the balls” song.  I’m living the dream right now! 

                        This wouldn’t be a proper blog without The Beatles.  I’ve got a ticket to ride! However, not in the sense they mean...





No comments:

Post a Comment