Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sanctuary!!!!


           Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I've been so busy!  At the end of last week, we spent a few days in the same area around Notre Dame.  So, I’m just going to combine them into one entry.  Also, because I'm so behind, this entry will be mostly pictures with captions instead of my normal paragraph form.


We started off the day in the Metro and went to the Odeon stop

This is a little ally like street with super cute shops and cafés along the sides

It had an incredible skyline

This is the oldest café in Paris.  Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin would go here when they were in Paris.  Being an American History nerd, I died...

I love all the Vespas and motorcycles/bikes that are here in Paris.  We are constantly seeing them all lined up along the sidewalks.

Paris has some really fun and interesting graffiti.






This is the home were Pablo Picasso painted Guernica.

A cool café

Along the Seine, there are shops that sell postcards, art, books, etc.  They're featured in movies all the time.


A statue of Henry IV at Pont Neuf, near Notre Dame.


Just around the corner...


Incredible detail

Unfortunaly, I did not see Quasimodo or any talking gargoyles, but I did see these. 

The backside of Notre Dame (get it?)

A cute café near Notre Dame.

After we were let go, Lara and I walked around a bit and found the Pantheon in Paris

Great weather!

Then we found the Jardin de Luxembourg

A palm tree in Paris.  Unexpected to say the least...

This was the start of the second day, Saturday.  The building ahead is the local theater in Odeon.

This was Sylvia Beach's house.  Because of her, the classic novel by James Joyce, Ulysses, was published.

We ended up going to the Jardin de Luxembourg the next day with everyone.

The main fountain in the garden.

Just outside the gardens was this cool looking building.


This is the Saint Suplice church.  This church was featured in The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.  

Inside



I wouldn't be able to go anywhere without it.  LA needs a better subway system!


Les Deux Magots and Café de Flora are two of the most famous cafés in Paris.  These were the cafés were Hemingway, Picasso, the Fitzgeralds, and Dalí would go to write and hang out.  


The copper thing is a bunch of pots hanging together.  I thought that was a cool sign for a café. 

This is the smallest street in Paris.

I was so excited to come here.  It was like Ollivander's wand shop but for books.  I spent a lot of time in there.  Luckily, we ended the day just before this so I didn't have to rush through the shop.


           The next day was a free day for us.  I went to a place that I was really excited about seeing.  I'll tell you all about it in my next post:)

Until then, au revoir mes amies!







No comments:

Post a Comment